By means of a precisely matched mixing ratio between the binder and the base material, a supporting base layer is constructed to optimally withstand external influences such as traffic, moisture or frost. As an upper bound support layer, it provides an ideal foundation for further road construction.
The resulting base layers depend on the type of binders used:
- Base layers stabilised with cement (ST-Z).
- Base layers stabilised with base layer binder TSB (ST-T).
- Bitumen stabilised base layers (ST-B).
- Bitumen and cement stabilised base layers (ST-BZ).
- Soil stabilisation with lime, ash "cinerit" or mixed binder.
ÖBA performs soil improvements by means of the in-place mixing technique. In this process, the base material applied to the respective support base is mixed with the binder by a reclaimer and subsequently compacted.